Leticia Gomez is a literary/film/television agent who specializes in bringing culturally diverse voices to the forefront. She has helped her clients secure deals with the largest publishers in the world and seen several of her projects successfully optioned for film and television rights.
More than 10 years ago during the Great Recession, Leticia Gomez started Savvy Literary Services.
She had multiple strikes against her:
- No money
- No college education
- No “good old boy” connections
- A Latino woman
- Based in Texas instead of New York City
But she had even more things working in her favor:
- An overwhelming passion for books
- Experience as a writer
- A savvy sense of what publishers and audiences want
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- A personality that just made you want to do business with her
- A work ethic that never stops
- A loyal group of clients who believed her success was their success
- A humility that enabled her to make strong alliances with the best people in books, movies, and television
- Integrity that was put into practice every day
- A burning desire to help the underserved and deserving.
- A damn good sense of humor
Today Savvy Literary Services has changed, and our list of affiliations has grown substantially, particularly in areas of promotion, film and television.
But what hasn’t changed is the values and talent that got her and her company here. Just ask her clients.
Leticia represents Upmarket Women’s Contemporary Fiction, Mystery, Suspense/Thrillers, Literary Fiction, Young Adult Novels, Middle-grade and (in nonfiction) Narrative Nonfiction. Memoir, Biography, True Crime, Politics & Current Affairs, Health & Medicine, Cookbooks and Lifestyle, Business, Self-help, Advice/Relationships, Science, Psychology.
She accepts submissions both in English and Spanish.